Farr Flyer has a particularly light and airy pilothouse, large internal volume, cavernous deck storage, great machinery access and a palatial aft cabin. These attributes combined with the above average performance and strength for which Farr designs are world renowned truly make Farr Flyer an ideal go anywhere cruising yacht.
Farr Flyer was built with the standard high quality Swedish mahogany interior finish with a four cabin two heads layout and a passageway galley between the aft owners’ cabin and the pilothouse saloon.
The current owner has kept the mechanical systems in great condition with a comprehensive rolling maintenance program.
Length overall (LOA): 17.60 m 57’9”
Waterline length (LWL): 15.30 m 50’3”
Maximum beam (BOA): 5.06 m 16’7”
Draught: (Dght): 2.50 m 8’3”
Displacement (approx): 20,500 kg 45,100lbs
Ballast: 6,380 kg 14,036lbs
Approx. air height: appx. 25m appx.82”
Maximum number of persons on board 10
Maximum load including crew 1,782kg
The hull is constructed of a single skin solid laminate in the central regions below the waterline with the remainder and topsides in a sandwich construction using a Divinycell core. Multi-axial matting is used with Vinylester resin. The hull is finished in white gelcoat with a blue coloured cove line and boot topping. Internally, the interior hull is top-coated in grey throughout.
An internal bottom grid was laid up in a female mold and then laminated into the base of the hull increasing stiffness throughout the hull structure. The hull is formed with an integral keel stub to which the lead keel is through bolted. This also forms the separate engine and main bilge sumps.
The main bulkheads are made of marine grade plywood with a mahogany veneer and laminated on both sides to the hull and deck. The chain plates are bolted to the reinforced main bulkhead. The backstay chain plate is bolted to the transom. The loads of all rigging and deck fittings are distributed through the hull via changes in the lay up of the affected areas.
- Hull and deck hand laid in purpose built modern laminating hall.
- Vinylester resins with a Multiaxial matting over a Divinycell core
- Cove lines and boot top in gelcoat.
- Hull internally painted with topcoat throughout
- Internal stiffening provided from a bottom grid made from a female mould
- Keel stub integral with hull forming a deep bilge
- Bolt on wing keel for high performance
- Spade rudder with 125mm Aluminium stock mounted using self-aligning bearings
Interior cabinet, doors and frame joinery finished in a satin varnish over mahogany. Shower and heads compartments bulkheads are finished in white with white finished cover fillets between panels. . Teak and holly cabin sole boards through out the cabins.
Layout from forward
Forepeak workshop area accessible from on deck via a Rondal flush teak covered hatch or via a door from the forward port side bunk cabin, fitted with sail bin with a rope stowage rail to starboard and fitted storage cabinets finished in white Perstorp and teak workbench to port, access to bow thruster under teak workbench forward. There is a fold down pipe cot fitted to the starboard side over the rope bin? The sole is finished in bare sanded teak slats.
Forward of the mast there is a double cabin to starboard and a twin bunk cabin to port, both with a hanging locker. The double cabin also has a bedside cabinet. All bunks have a bulkhead reading light, both cabins have a deck hatch with an Oceanair blind/mosquito screen and there is an opening port hole in each cabin. The cabin sole is teak and holly finish access panels to gain access below to the bilges.
Aft of the port bunk cabin there is a heads and shower compartment with a manual sea water head with a separate shower with a deck hatch and opening porthole. This area is finished with Corian floor panels over a central drain.
To starboard aft of the main bulkhead there is a midships cabin. The midships cabin has an opening deck hatch and porthole. The midships cabin has under bunk stowage and a shelved locker with twin doors.
Steps to up to the Pilothouse saloon which has a large U-shaped seating area to starboard around a revolving saloon table, with navigation desk to port. Aft of the navigation desk there are steps down to the galley. Access to engine is through the lifting floor which is on hydraulic rams to assist. There are opening deck hatches to the pilot house roof.
Steps down to the galley fitted with a Force 10 four burner cooker with a Corian work top with a low profile fiddle. The galley is equipped with a 100ltr upright freezer with a separate 130ltr fridge on top. Located in the forward end of the worktop there is a 70lt toploading fridge/freezer unit with adjustable temperature control. Ample storage for food and galley equipment. Door to machinery space and door to aft cabin. There is an opening port hole in the galley.
The machinery space houses the 240 volt generator, Rainman water maker units.
Aft cabin with large Super King size central bed, hanging lockers and cupboards to port and starboard, seating to port and desk/dressing table to starboard, large leather headboard. Two deck hatches with blinds/mosquito screens and two opening port holes.
Door to En-suite with separate shower, electric seawater head and washbasin. Corian surfaces and floor.
- Satin finish Mahogany bulkheads
- Floorboards from traditional teak and holly
- Corian work surfaces in galley
- Corian on toilet floors and surfaces
- Pilot house with good all-round visibility
- Engine access through saloon floor with heavily insulated door opening on gas struts
- Solenoid gas shut off located in galley
- Force 10 four burner stove with grill and oven
- Large upright stainless steel freezer
- Large Upright stainless-steel fridges
- Top loading freezer unit
- Pressurized hot and cold water
- Hot water from main engine or immersion heater to the 60lt calorifier
- Vacuum fresh water toilets flushing into stainless steel holding tanks
- Ebespacher heating ducting and outlets, (no heater unit currently fitted)
- Washing machine mounted under chart table
- Teak laid deck using 12mm teak and teak capping rail
- Pilot house and Doghouse roofs covered in synthetic teak
- Custom built composite Doghouse 2010 with opening front windows
- Large anchor locker forward
- Teak and Acrylic washboards
- Large lazarette locker with access from two aft deck hatches
4 full sets of Dive Gear.
Bauer Dive Tank compressor for filling.
Mooring lines, spare sheet and ropes.
Full size A-Frame boom boat cover/canopy.
30 meters Hookah Dive hose and regulator for hull scrubbing.
- Separate gas locker aft.
- 3 x Alloy LPG gas cylinders.
- Separate locker aft for fuel etc.
- Rondal flush teak laid hatches on deck to lazarettes and forepeak
- Pilot house skylights from Lewmar's Medium profile range
- Cabin deck hatches Lewmar Medium profile range
- Rope controlled Genoa tracks cars led back to the cockpit
- Staysail tracks with piston lock controlled cars
- Lewmar two speed hydraulic primary winches
- Lewmar two speed hydraulic mainsheet winch
- Lewmar two speed hydraulic winch for outhaul
- 2 x Lewmar two speed runner winches
- 2 x Lewmar halyard winches adjacent to mast
- Winch control buttons repeated at the helm
- 8 stainless steel mooring cleats fitted to capping rails
- Stainless steel anti chafe strips on the capping rail adjacent to the cleats
- Stainless steel boarding ladder fitted to pivots on sugar scoop teak
- Pulpit and push-pit in stainless steel
- Gates in the guard-rails
- Folding teak cockpit table
- Pulpit with teak seat
- Lewmar Mamba rod steering system
- 2 x Lewmar electric anchor windless
- 40kg Rocna Anchor with 90m of 10mm short link galvanised chain
- 30 kg Bruce anchor with 60m of 10mm short link galvanised chain and 90 m of rode
- 15 kg Bruce anchor with 50m line attached to a Nawa mooring reel mounted on the pulpit stbd.
- Pressure deck wash pump for Fresh or sea water with outlet on foredeck with new hose
- Painted radar post
- Deck light aft on pole
- Custom Stainless steel davits integrated into pushpit seats with solar panel support built in
- Custom cockpit seat cushions
- 3 x Solar panels (total of 750 watts) 1 panel folding
- Jackstays anchor points
- Full cockpit Bimini on Stainless Steel frame with sail viewing window
- Rib stowage cradle to foredeck
- 2020 4m Inmar Marine Rib with 25HP Suzuki RIB
- Hot and cold fresh water shower fitted to transom
Farr Flyer has a primary 24v dc system for onboard systems with a 12v dc service circuit for some "12v only" equipment fed by a 24v to 12v converter. The engine and generator run off a separate 12v dc battery.
The service batteries are charged from a 220v ac 100 Mastervolt charger powered from the shore or the generator. The 12 volt batteries are charge via 24 to 12 volt Mastervolt dropper and via the generator and engine 12 volt alternators.
There is also a 24v / 2500w Mastervolt Sine Wave inverter to provide 220v ac
- DC service system 24v
- House Batteries 6 x 210 AH AGM Lifeline (Batteries replaced 2019)
- Start battery 12v 45AH (2017)
- Charging from a 24v 110A alternator off the main engine with Mastervolt regulator
- DC switch panel with circuit breakers located in aft machinery space area accessed from galley
- Earth plate on hull
- Hella fans
- String light hose fitted under beds to provide indirect light onto cabin sole in principle cabins
- AC system 230volt / 16 amp / 50hz
- Mastervolt 220v 100 Amp battery charger
- Mastervolt 220v 50 Amp battery charger
- Mastervolt Sine Wave 220v Inverter 24/2500
- Mastervolt Masterswitch. Automatic AC power switch.
- Mastervolt Isolating transformer for shore power
- Mastervolt 24 volt to 12 volt dropper to charge 12 volt batteries
- 16A Shore power system
- 230 volt outlets throughout the accommodation
Instruments and Electronics
- Ray Marine radome mounted on aft Scanstrut deck pole
- 2 x Raymarine autopilot heads, (one at helm and one at the chart table)
- Raymarine flat screen plotter/radar at Helm
- Raymarine plotter and radar at chart table
- Icom SSB transceiver at chart table
- Icom VHF at Helm and chart table
- ST 90 multi-instrument at chart table
- Watchmate AIS transponder instrument at chart table (service required)
- Probe forward facing echo sounder instrument at helm
- Raymarine Depth, Log, Wind, Magnified wind above companionway
- TV's 1x 33inch DCMI & USB.
- Flat screen TV DVD & USB mounted on forward bulkhead of owners cabin
- Radio CD player in aft cabin and saloon
- Cockpit speakers
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Contact Stewart Oliver +44 777 17 666 51 or email email@example.com