LOA 17.6m 57’ 9”
LWL 15.3m 50’ 3”
BEAM 5.06m 16’ 7”
DRAFT 2.55m 8’ 3”
AIR HEIGHT (approx.) 24.5m 80’ 5”
DISCPL light (approx.) 20500kg 45100lbs
BALLAST 6750kg 14036lbs
FUEL 1100lts 241gal
WATER 850lts 187gal
HOLDING 160lt 35gal
Nina Too is a Farr 56 Pilot House built by BSI Marine in Sweden in 2002
There are very few Pilot House yachts around which offer the performance and live-aboard capability of this yacht.
She is ideal for the long term cruising couple who plan to spend extended periods of time on board without the need for additional crew but equally at home cruising around the Mediterranean
She has a light and airy pilothouse, large internal volume, cavernous deck storage, great machinery access and a palatial aft cabin. Couple this with a performance for which Farr designs are renowned and she truly is an ideal cruising yacht.
Nina Too has a unique feature in that the helm position is off set to the starboard side of the cockpit in a fully protected area behind the windscreen. This allows a very large cockpit table with plenty of seating area to enhance the living area of the centre cockpit.
To say that this boat is in turn key condition is an understatement. This term is used quite loosely but you could join Nina Too tomorrow fill her up with fuel and food and leave on an Ocean voyage.
The owner has been fastidious with the maintenance and upgrades as time in his ownership has progressed. Built by ourselves for its current owner in 2002, Nina Too is ready to go. If you are looking for a serious offshore cruising yacht for the 2020 season she should be on your list.
The hull is of a single skin solid laminate in the central regions below the waterline with the remainder and topsides in a sandwich construction using a Divinycell core. Multi-axial matting is used with Vinylester resin. The hull is finished in white gelcoat with a black coloured cove line and boot topping. Internally, the hull is top-coated throughout.
An internal bottom grid is laid up in a female mould and then laminated into the base of the hull increasing stiffness throughout the hull structure. The hull is formed with an integral keel stub to which the lead keel is through bolted. This also forms the separate engine and main bilge sumps.
The main bulkheads are made of marine grade plywood with a mahogany veneer and laminated on both sides to the hull and deck. The chain plates are bolted to the reinforced main bulkhead. The backstay chain plate is bolted to the transom. The loads of all rigging and deck fittings are distributed through the hull via changes in the lay up of the affected areas.
- Hull and deck hand laid in purpose built modern laminating hall.
- Vinylester resins with a Multiaxial matting over a Divinycell core
- Cove lines and boot top in gelcoat.
- Hull internally painted with topcoat throughout
- Internal stiffening provided from a bottom grid made from a female mould
- Keel stub integral with hull forming a deep bilge
- 2 coats of anti-fouling on top of two coats of epoxy primer
- Bolt on wing keel for high performance
- Spade rudder with 125mm Aluminium stock mounted using self aligning bearings (Rudder rebuilt with new core and grp 2016)
Interior woodwork finished in an American Cherry. Ventilation panels to doors and lockers in Aluminium. Teak and holly cabin sole boards, Carpets throughout.
Layout from forward
Forepeak area with sail stowage area accessible from on deck. Access to Bow Thruster. Rondal flush Hatch to deck.
Double cabin forward with berth that cab be used as a double or V-twin berth. Ample stowage lockers and hanging locker. Air conditioning
Door to passageway to saloon. Access to guest heads to port and guest cabin to starboard.
Large guest heads to port with separate shower, Vacflush toilet and washbasin. Ample stowage.
Guest cabin to starboard with twin upper and lower berth and hanging locker. Dry stowage under bed. Air conditioning. Small pull out washbasin and toilet so it can be used as a crew cabin.
Steps to saloon which has a large L shaped seating area to starboard with dining table and sofa to port. Table opens out to be a full dining table as required. Two folding directors type chairs. Ample stowage. Access to engine through the lifting floor which is on hydraulic rams to assist. Fully Air conditioned. Fusion AV750 radio/CD/DVD player TV connected to Fusion. Oceanair Skyshade blinds to all Pilothouse windows and Skyscreen blinds to all skylights.
Steps down to the galley fitted with a Force 10 cooker, microwave, Chest fridge and stainless steel upright fridge and freezer. Ample storage for food and galley equipment. Door to machinery space and door to aft cabin. Washing machine located in galley
Machinery space houses generator, fuel tank change over valve, 220v ac consumer unit, mastervolt master switch and Chargers and inverter.
Aft cabin with large super King size central bed, plentiful stowage, hanging locker to port, hanging locker to starboard. Air conditioning. Access to under floor stowage and sea cocks.
Door to En-suite with separate shower, Vacuum toilet and washbasin. Corian surfaces and floor.
Rig and Sails
Mast and Rig
- Selden hydraulic in mast furling - The mast is keel stepped and is a three spreader masthead rig.
- Hydraulic outhaul for main
- The mast and boom are painted in white Awlgrip. Totally stripped down and repainted in 2012
- Selden hydraulic Furlex system for the Genoa
- Selden electric staysail furling system - Currently removed
- Rod Rigging - replaced November 2020
- A Navtec system 50 hydraulic unit is fitted in the cockpit for control or adjustment of the vang and backstay.
- Four stainless steel rigging screw protectors are fitted to deck level bottle screws.
- The mast is fitted with internationally approved navigation LED lighting (steaming and tri white at masthead) as well as deck light, signal horn, winch handle pocket, flag halyards and Windex.
- The boom has two LED lights mounted on the underside, over the cockpit fitted with dimmers.
- Carbon Spinnaker pole
- Hasselfors Tensionners on mast for Main, Genoa, Jib and Staysail halyards
- Navtec Hydraulic panel in cockpiit controlling the Vang, Backstay, Outer forestay and staysails
- Navtec Stainless steel rigging screw covers
- Rod Rigging
- 2 Spreader Lights
- North 3Di Mainsail (2017)
- North 3Di Genoa (2017)
- Main and Genoa serviced by North 2020
- UV cover for Genoa
- Asymmetric with Squeezer
- Teak laid deck using 12mm teak and teak capping rail (Caulking all replaced and deck lightly sanded in 2019) Excellent condition
- Superstructure and coachroof gelcoat painted in Awlgrip in 2018 including stern
- Windscreen in white aluminium mounted on pilothouse to give excellent protection
- Large anchor locker forward
- Watertight bulkhead just aft sail locker
- Large lazarette locker with access from two aft deck hatches
- Separate gas locker aft.
- Seperate locker aft for fuel etc.
- Guilloene electric washboard
- Rondal flush hatches on deck
- Pilot house skylights from Lewmar's Medium profile range
- Genoa tracks with adjustable cars
- Andersen 68 HST two speed hydraulic primary winches
- Andersen 52 EST two speed hydraulic mainsheet winch
- Andersen 52 HST two speed hydraulic winch for outhaul
- Andersen 58 ST two speed runner winches
- Andersen 46 ST halyard winch to mast
- All Deck gear from Lewmar
- 8 stainless steel mooring cleats
- Stainless steel anti chafe strips on the capping rail adjacent to the cleats
- Pulpit and pushpit in stainless steel
- Gates in the guard-rails
- Wheel mounted to starboard in cockpit on forward bulkhead in fully protected position.
- Large varnished cockpit table
- All instruments in front of helm posiiton
- Lewmar Mamba rod steering system
- Lewmar electric anchor windlass (2016)
- 55Kg Rocna stainless steel anchor
- 10mm stainless steel chain - 85m
- Fortress anchor Kedge anchor ready to be used with chain and warp
- Pressure deck wash pump
- Scanstrut radar post painted white
- Deck light aft on pole
- Custom Stainless steel davits integrated into pushpit seats
- Benenzoni stainless steel hydraulic passarelle
- Sprayhood 2020
- Bimini with soild stainless steel frame - Bimini replaced 2018
- Zip on sides to. Bimini with persepx panels making complete cockpit tent ideal in winter - replaced 2018
- Mesh clip on side panels for Bimini
- Cockpit cushion 2018
- Backrests on cockpit coaming
- Yanmar 4LHA-HTP 160hp turbo charged diesel engine (3200 hours) Major service in 2018
- Aquadrive Flexible coupling connected to 45mm stainless steel shaft
- Gori propellor
- Fischer Panda 12 generator - new 2019 - 30 Hours
- Lewmar hydraulic retractable bow thruster - refit 2016
- Lewmar Commander hydraulic system - full service 2012
- PTO hydraulic pump on generator to operate bow thruster
- Rope cutter
- Silent exhaust system for generator and main engine
- Three electric bilge pumps, forward, main bilge and lazarette (2016)
- Manual bilge pump controlled from cockpit
- Automatic engine room fan.
- Fuel tank selector change over valve
- Stainless steel fuel, water and holding tanks
- Fuel tanks - 2 tanks total 1100lt
- Water - 2 tanks total 850lt
- Holding tank - 170lt
- Vacuum toilets - (all sanitary pipes replaced in 2019)
- Automatic fire extinguishers in the engine room and machinery space
- MT watermaker (135 lt./hr)
- 2 x Eberspacher D5LC warm air heaters one for forward and one for aft
- Aircondition to all cabins, 55,000 btu 3 units - Climma
Nina Too has a primary 24v dc system for onboard systems with a 12v dc service circuit for some "12v only" equipment fed by a 24v to 12v converter. The engine and generator run off a separate 12v dc battery. There is also an emergency switch that connects the 12v service battery in line with the start battery if required.
The service batteries are charged from twin 220v ac Mastervolt chargers powered from the shore or the generator. One is 100A and one is 50Amp
There is also a 24v / 2500w inverter to provide 220v ac
- DC service system 24v
- Batteries 1800 Ah 2v cells giving 900 Ah at 24v (Batteries replaced 2016)
- Start battery 12v 165Ah AGM (2015)
- Charging from a 24v 110A alternator off the main engine with Mastervolt regulator
- DC switch panel with circuit breakers located in galley area
- Earth plate on hull
- AC system 230volt / 32 amp / 50hz
- AC outlets in each cabin and immersion heater for hot water
- 220v 100 Amp battery charger (Mastervolt 2016)
- 220v 50 Amp battery charger (Mastervolt 2016)
- 220v Inverter 24/2500 (Mastervolt 2018)
- Mastervolt Masterswitch. Automatic AC power switch.
- Isolating transformer for shore power
Navigation and Electronics
Raymarine Instruments and electronic package completely replaced in 2016. Basic system comprises of Raymarine instruments and Simrad Auropliot,
- Raymarine i70 instruments
- 3 x Raymarine i70 mounted over the main companionway hatch
- Raymarine e7 plotter at nav station
- Raymarine e7 plotter at helm position
- Raymarine e12 plotter at helm position
- Raymarine Radar
- Raymarine Ray 260 dual station VHF with speakers below and on deck (2019)
- Simrad Autopilot with Whitlock mamba drive unit
- Raymarine AIS650 transceiver
- Fusion MS-AV750 DVD/Tuner/CD player with Bluetooth and USB input
- TV on electric lift in saloon
- Speakers in saloon and cockpit
Safety and Miscellaneous
- Liferaft 6-man in valise
- Jackstays on deck - removable
- Mooring warps
- Boat hook
- Ensign staff
Dinghy and outboard
- Owners manual with full set of systems drawings and wiring diagrams
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Please contact Jeff Taylor on + 44 7778 264858